I think the most important to be an innovative teacher and learner is to have a genuine intrest for the subject. To really feel for the youngster and the kids and have a will to teach. As a vocational teacher I also think it´s important to keep up with all new trends, techniques. If you "just" work as a teacher it´s ´difficult to know what actually happends in the labor market. If you have some influence from the real working life you can prepare the students for the real world! You have to have the knowledge about diffrent kind of learning situations to face all kind of different student with diffrent abilitys to the learning situations or may have some kind of diagnosis. I also think a huge problem as a teacher is the lack of time. You always have to much to do and soooo little time. All the planning for the different courses (I have 4 different courses and 5 different groups this term) all the students and their problems, try to teach as the same time as you need to be a therapist, to grad all their work, do tests, correct them, write all opinion halfterm and also after the term at the same time as you should put together everything they have performed during the term and grade them. Then we also have a lot of side activitys we need to fix and arrange. I think as long as you yourself is openminded and eager to learn more, and devolop yourself, you are going to be an innovative teacher!
Testing commenting
ReplyDelete